Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Day of "New" Things


Today I started a day of "new" things.  The first thing I did was to get out my new Fitbook.
I don't know if you have seen one of these, but it's basically a fitness journal.  The journal lasts for 12 weeks and inside you write down your goals for those 12 weeks.  Then you fill in the a page each day showing what you ate and what your workouts are for the day. Below is a sample of what the inside looks like.



At the beginning of the week you have a place to put goals for the week.  This week mine are to lose 1 pound, eat more veggies daily and complete every task in my Turbo Fire challenge group. If I do that I am going to reward myself with a new workout shirt.  Not a big reward I know, but enough of one I think to keep me motivated.  Have any of you used this book.  I am curious to find out if it helped anyone.


Later in the afternoon, I went out shopping for a few things. In my challenge group one of the things to do this week is to eat a "new" veggie you have never tried before.  I thought I had eaten every veggie known but I did manage to find something at the local market, golden beets.  
Has anyone tried theses?  I am going to peel and roast mine along with some squash and tiny pee wee potatoes.  Sounds yummy to me.  This is one part of my challenge group I love, trying new foods. Last month I tried orange cauliflower and star fruit.

I also found a few other "new" things at the store that I thought I would give a try.  I bought some wild caught salmon.  I bought a few bags of snacks.
I usually don't buy this stuff but these had all natural ingredients and every now and then you just want a crunch, salty snack.  I bought some Chia bars.  Don't know if they are good but each one only has 100 calories and 1000mg of Omega-3.
I also bought some nice, organic fresh veggies and mushrooms.

I also bought a "new" green tea today.  Another challenge in my group is to replace one of my 8 glasses of  water everyday with green tea.  Now I can tell you, I am not really a green tea fan. I think the box I bought today is like my fifth different brand I will have tried so far.  
This one has sweet orange and citrus in it. The bags are pretty cool, they are mesh and you can see all the bits of orange peel in there.
So this afternoon I made a pitcher and served it over ice.  I just like iced tea better than hot. This was by far my favorite.  I may even finish the whole box.  Do any of you have a favorite green tea.  I would love to hear about them and give them a try.

Well, I enjoyed my day of "new", but now it is about time to put on my workout clothes and get down to the basement and do my Turbo Fire workout for the day.  I have a new workout Fire 45 on the schedule for this week to learn. The first few times I do a new workout routine is the hardest, trying to get the moves down, but after I do they are a lot of fun and you get a really great workout in short amount of time. After I work out I will go and start dinner.  I wonder who in my family will be willing to try the golden beets?  Not placing any bets on the kids!!!










5 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog, very creative :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that you have a fitness journal! I have one that I use for running and it's a great motivator, plus it's fun to look back later and see what you've done. And I think it's great that you're rewarding yourself with a new shirt! Gotta celebrate those goals when we hit them! Your new chia snacks look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when tea comes in those little bags! It always makes it feel like it's more special. I have an orange flavored green tea too and I love it. But my favorite is Yogi Kombucha. I love all the new things you tried. let us know how those snacks and chia bars are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of the Fitbook, just the one available for TurboFire. Love the challenge to try new veggies/things on my meals. I'm not a fan of veggies, so any challenge related gets my attention. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Golden Beets before, sounds interesting! Have you just tried regular Lipton Green Tea? I have been drinking hot green tea since I was about 17 years old and can't get enough of it! I am just not a flavored green tea drinker though lol

    ReplyDelete